1736 Beacon Bluff Street firstname.lastname@example.org
Raleigh, NC 27604
North Carolina Central University, Graduated May 2012
Major: Criminal Justice with a Concentration in Law Enforcement
Minor: Mass Communications with a concentration in Broadcasting
BYSTORM Entertainment/ SONY MUSIC New York, NY June 2012-Present
Founded by Mark Pitts and Wayne Barrow
• Create Business Proposals
• Assist with Artist Development
• Compile and circulate daily and artists press to company.
• Answer phones, take accurate messages; and back-up support for head of departments phone lines.
• Distribute celebrity bulletin and datebook.
• Build effective working relationships with dozens of contacts inside and outside the Company.
• Assist in budgeting for artist events
• Keep a day to day schedule for a Manager/Publishing Representative
• Prepare a tentative schedule for artist
• 2nd Assistant to Wayne Barrow
• Create Artist Monthly Calendars
• Conduct Artist phone interviews
• Transcribe interviews
• Review artist contracts
• Alert company of all upcoming artist TV performances, record all artist TV performances and distribute to company and artist’s managers.
• Process incoming invoices, as well as maintaining active accounts.
• Coordinate & cover press events and appearances as requested (i.e. photo shoots, release parties, television appearances, guests lists, work door at events, etc.).
• Coordinate all mailings, physical and digital
• Hire and supervise interns.
• Arrange travel and effectively organize travel plans
• Create and submit expenses
• Manage the schedule of a busy executive, including scheduling meetings within required parameters and understand the business, projects, people, and issues in order to best prioritize calls, meetings, and visits.
• Manage projects and the corresponding team members – as well as adapt to changes in goals, resources, and priorities of projects.
Radio One Raleigh Raleigh, NC Jan2012-May2012
On air talent/ Intern
• Opportunity to shadow Afternoon drive Radio Personality Brian Dawson
• Gained skill knowledge on the sound board (SCOTT SYSTEM)
• Learned the basic skills of promotions
• Assisted the Marketing Director with day to day needs
• Assisted Production Director with commercials and drops
· Writes script, contests and interview questions.
· Memorizes script, reads, or ad-libs to identify station, introduce and close shows, and announce station breaks, commercials, or public service information.
· Prepares and creates a topical show by gathering information from computer and television.
· Reads news flash to keep audience informed of important events.
· Records interviews of guest, musical or other famous or public personalities, and edits interviews.
· Interviews guest, and moderates panel or discussion show to entertain audience.
· Answers phone lines and interviews members of listening audience who telephone musical requests. Airs contests according to the specifications of the program director.
· Plans and stages community events, including hosting and assisting at charity functions.
· Attends live, in-person appearances as scheduled by the station or requested by clients.
· Provides live reports from site of event.
· Maintains and builds a positive cooperative attitude within the station and a strong personal community involvement.
· Ensures logged commercials, promotions, sweepers and any other programming element essential to the station’s operations are aired.
· Operates control console.
· Performs commercial production.
· Performs additional duties in small stations, such as production, assisting program director or music director, operating radio transmitter or writing advertising copy.
· Plays music as specified by music director and music log.
WTVD-ABC 11 Durham, NC Sept 2011- Jan 2012
• Gained skills and knowledge on how to effectively conduct News interviews with emphasis on live storytelling and enterprise reporting
• Gained skills and knowledge about the workings of a Disney News station
• Researched New story topics
• Assisted with capturing A roll and B roll footage
Honors/Awards And Events
Television and Broadcasting Award
President of the Student Activities Board May 2011-May 2012
• Lead the Executive Board and members of the organization.
• Provide positive leadership skills
• Ensure the organization’s purpose and goals are met
• Plan, Organize, and Execute the Homecoming Activities
Business/ Public Relations Manager of 100 Black Women of NCCU August 2010- May 2011
• Organize the building requests
• Work and collaborated with other organizations
• Help assist the President
• Help publicize organizational events
• Oversee Public Relations Committee
Miss Alphonso Elder Student Union August 2010- May 2011
• Served as a liaison between the students and the Student Activities Board
• Organize community service events
• Host University events
Student Government Association Senate (SGA)
August 2009- May 2010 and August 2010- May 2011
• Served as a member of the NCCU SGA Senate
• Liaison between my class and the other class
• Reviewed student organization proposals
• Reviewed student judicial trials
Eagle Core March 2009- August 2011
• Served as an ambassador to the University
• Toured incoming students around the University