The Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage cruise presented by Ford arrived into port Sunday concluding its 14th year as the Ultimate Party with a Purpose®, supporting students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities, after selling out in just 21 days last fall. For eight days and seven nights, almost 3,000 passengers sailed on board the Carnival Glory experiencing some of the most fantastic artists in soul music from today and yesterday including Jamie Foxx, Tyler Perry, Bootsy Collins, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Earth Wind and Fire, the O’Jays, Maze featuring Frankie Beverly and more.
- Jamie Foxx Electrified The Bon Voyage Party Bringing Tons Of Star Power
On the pool deck of the Carnival Glory, Hip-Hop legends, R&B stars, and comedians including Lil Kim, Trey Songz, Biz Markie, Too Short, Tank, MC Lyte, Rodney Perry, Guy Torry and more joined Foxx on stage to give guests a thrilling send off before the Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage cruise presented by Ford sailed.
- Snoop Dogg’s Pool Deck Concert with Bootsy Collins and the Funk Unity Band lit up the boat. Bootsy joined the crowd and blessed them with the funk after disrobing and revealing a Michael Jackson t-shirt honoring the funk.
- Tyler Perry Performed at an Unprecedented Beach Party On Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau, Bahamas with Earth Wind And Fire.
- The Tom Joyner Foundation Raised Money to Keep Students in School
The Tom Joyner Foundation not only raised money with the cruise, but also hosted art auctions to generate funds for scholarships and other initiatives to contribute to keeping students in HBCUs.
- Empowering Seminars Presented by Sponsors of the Cruise Drew Huge Crowds
Ford, AARP, Crest, Gain, Southwest Airlines, and Walmart presented empowering seminars encouraging healthy lifestyles, promoting self-awareness, caring for yourself and loved ones as they age and much more.