The Alliance for Women in Media (AWM) is pleased to announce its honorees for the upcoming Women Who Lead luncheon. The event will take place on November 15, 2016 at 10 on the Park at Time Warner Center in New York City. The recognition and educational luncheon will celebrate women who have blazed trails and who are making significant impact in the media industry. As previously announced, Madonna Badger, Chief Creative Officer at Badger & Winters, will serve as keynote.
AWM will honor the following Women Who Lead (in alphabetical order):
- Abby Greensfelder, Co-CEO and Executive Producer at Half Yard Productions
- Kim Guthrie, Executive Vice President of Cox Media Group and President of Cox Reps
- Catherine L. Hughes, Chairperson and Founder of Radio One, Inc.
- Paula A. Kerger, President and Chief Executive Officer of PBS
- Karen Leever, Executive Vice President & General Manager, Digital Media of Discovery Communications
- Ellen Levine, Editorial Director of Hearst Magazines
“The Alliance for Women in Media is proud to showcase female executives for their extraordinary accomplishments and deep contributions across the media landscape,” said Kristen Welch, AWM Chair and SVP, Global Content Operations at Discovery Communications. “Women Who Lead is one way AWM recognizes and connects women who serve in all areas of the media and entertainment industry. By honoring these outstanding women we are empowering all women, at every level, to take that next step in elevating their careers and their contributions.”
Tickets are available for AWM members at a rate of $149 and for non-members at a rate of $199. A special student rate of $79 is available for undergraduate students with proof of enrollment. Students may also apply for a sponsored ticket made available through donations from attendees.
Sponsors of the Women Who Lead event include Ford Motor Company, National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA), Cox Media Group/CoxReps, Katz Media Group and vCreative.