Location: Washington DC
Description: WHUR-FM is looking for a self-motivated, creative and resilient Account Executive to develop new business in the Washington, DC marketplace.
- Contact prospective customers to sell advertising opportunities via broadcast, digital and non-traditional revenue.
- Prospect for new clients by cold-calling, networking, canvassing and researching.
- Generate advertising revenue and meet/exceed sales quota set by the station management.
- Generate creative ideas to meet the needs of clients and provide superior customer service.
- Attend sales meetings, training seminars, conferences, remote broadcast, etc.
- Develop and prepare sales proposals to present to clients.
- Services commercial accounts assigned or obtained.
- Assists in the training and supervision of student interns.
- Picks up and monitors commercial copy of clients.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of advertising in the broadcast industry.
- Competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to promote, establish and maintain harmonious and effective work relations with students, faculty, staff, University officials and the general public.
- Must be customer driven.
- Ability to contact advertising community and advertising agencies to sell advertising time and generate revenue for WHUR-FM.
- Ability to plan monthly, quarterly and annual goals based on commission.
- Ability to prepare sales proposals/contracts.
- Maintain stable administrative discipline; organizational skills.
- Effective communicator, excellent time management skills and persistence.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s degree in business, marketing or related area and three years media sales experience or any equivalent combination of five years education and experience.Apply today at http://hr.howard.edu/ or contact Deputy General Manager, Sean Plater at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.