SummitMedia has an immediate opening for an Operations Manager in Greenville/Spartanburg, SC (WJMZ-FM, WHZT-FM, WJMZHD2 & WJMZHD3). The OM position manages our cluster’s crown jewel; our on-air products. The OM also serves as Program Director. This position defines the vision for our brands and conveys it across all platforms. The OM primarily works with the programming team whiling overseeing the multifaceted daily operation of federally-licensed radio stations. The OM participates in the development and administration of strategic plans and evaluates programs for compliance with the overall mission of the company. This position reports both to the Market Manager and to the SummitMedia Senior Vice President of Programming and the National Program Director.
The primary duties for the OM include but are not limited to:
• Hire lead and supervise the on-air staff: Ensure the highest quality, encouraging creativity and invention; Embrace diversity in the composition of
Qualifications: • Must have a minimum of 5 years PD/ On-air experience. Urban experience is a plus.
• Significant broadcast leadership experience, ideally in the top 100 radio markets
• Passion for local public service and community involvement
• Broad background in public affairs, news, or a related public service arena
• Vision for marketing new audiences to radio
• Capability to think broadly and creatively, and to lead a collaborative team is essential
• Ability to work ou
To Apply: Please send your resume, aircheck and programming philosophy to Greenville. firstname.lastname@example.org.