Alpha Media, Dayton Ohio looking for the next Program Director/On-Air Sports Superstar for 1410 ESPN WING-AM. The ideal candidate must be capable of wearing many hats on the programming team.
As Program Director you will be responsible for managing the strategy and execution of the station brand and increasing audience engagement. The Program Director is ultimately responsible for the quality of the product of the station and, by extension, for protecting the station licenses. The Program Director supports the Market Manager in driving revenue growth while developing and maintaining a market’s stations brand and identity. The Program Director is a member of the management team and role models the values and operating principles of programming staff and broader market employees.
As On-Air Personality you will be an individual that understands that a large part of their responsibility will be embracing and appearing in the community. You must be engaging on social media with listeners as well and understand that your show isn’t simply an on-air shift, but a 24/7 investment. The ideal candidate will be someone who is self-driven, able to work quickly and efficiently with attention to detail, has a passion for local and national sports, realizes that online is equally as important as on-air, and reflects the image and lifestyle that is part of 1410 ESPN WING-AM
Alpha Media is one of the fastest growing company in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 228 radio stations within 50 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
• Analyze ratings and market research to grow the audience base, identify market risks and opportunities in order to improve ratings.
• Monitor and analyze competition and develop strategies to outperform competitors.
• Work with Operations Manager and Marketing/Promotion Director to drive audience engagement and build the station brands across broadcast, digital, and on-site appearances.
• Support the Operations Manager and Market Manager by leading the day-to-day management of station programming including, but not limited to, automation and scheduling of all live events, write and produce station promos, commercial production and dubbing of network spots, communicate and foster relationships with network and play-by-play providers, and host Dayton Sports Scene, including booking of all interviews and selection and research of all topics.
• Actively support the Market Manager in driving revenue growth (e.g., supporting sales calls to provide brand / product support).
• Collaborate with sales, marketing, and promotions to create brand-appropriate content to drive digital audience, fan engagement, and revenue.
• Creatively use digital properties to grow terrestrial ratings.
• Strategically use on-air inventory to grow digital audience.
• Direct and monitor station programming and activities in accordance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy, and applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Host a successful radio show that will grow ratings and revenue.
• Engage with your listeners 24/7 by blogging and on social media.
• Be able to accept coaching and direction from Operations Manager.
• Be a face in the community by participating in events around the city.
• Must be sales friendly and available for remote appearances and other client needs.
• Able to interact well with other programming and promotional team members, sales staff, clients, and listeners at live remotes and station events.
Requirements for this position include the following:
• A minimum of two years’ experience in broadcast media.
• Experience with Adobe Audition and WordPress.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Must be digital savvy in all station online platforms.
• Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
• Possess public speaking skills and the ability to interact with listeners and clients at live events.
• Excellent problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
• Able to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
• Experience operating a control board, automation equipment, remote broadcasting, and other related studio software and equipment.
• Must be creative, innovative, and have original thought in the performance of on-air duties.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured vehicle.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP at www.alphamediausa.com/careers. You may also mail the same to:
Alpha Media Dayton
Attn: HR/WING PD
717 East David Road
Dayton, OH 45459
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.