Location: Tulsa OK
Description: We are looking for a sales leader who creates a positive culture for success through leadership, clear direction, teaching, motivating and evaluating the sales efforts of our local and national spot teams. This sales leader will have a proven track record of success in achieving and exceeding station goals and objectives.
This unique individual will have experience coaching, training and leading both a local and national team to grow market share and new revenue streams through all revenue. Additionally, this candidate should have extensive working knowledge of all digital capabilities and the ability to match those capabilities with client’s needs.
Experience & Skills:
- A dynamic person that gains respect through a positive attitude and accountability
- Excellent organizational skills with a detail oriented focus
- Consistently exercises good independent judgment and discretion daily
- Proven National and Local client relationships
- Experience working closely with local account executives and national spot reps
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Effective inventory management and pricing strategies
- Must have advanced working knowledge in handling political advertising in a major market, with both candidate and ballot issuesQualifications: To execute this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
- Two plus (2+) years of sales management experience or 5+ years established television sales experience
- Proven track record of success
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferredLanguage Skills: The qualified candidate will have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and research in all forms; write reports and business correspondence; effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.Mathematical Skills: The qualified candidate will have excellent ability to calculate budgets, projections and commissions and other industry related calculations.
Reasoning Ability: The qualified candidate will have excellent problem solving skills and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. They will also have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent working knowledge of broadcast television industry, digital media platforms, terminology, and analytics.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions (traveling to and from clients/agencies). The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Hours are irregular and often exceed a 40-hour week (preparation, travel and entertainment), based on business demand. Hours may include evenings and weekends.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
To apply, go here: