Location: Rye Brook NY
The Executive Producer at RNN oversees the content and flow of multiple daily broadcasts in a complex, live and live-to-tape news operation. Must be able to mentor, lead, and coach staff members to produce engaging newscasts with accuracy and consistency. MUST BE WILLING TO WORK OVERNIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. MUST BE ABLE TO LINE PRODUCE WHEN NEEDED.
- Supervise writing, plan story selection, graphics selection, editing, production and execution of daily newscasts and special programming
- Manage line producers and facilitate producer schedules
- Work with on-air talent, content producers and the production team to deliver a superior product
- Edit reporter scripts
- Ensure copy is written conversationally
- Work with Assignment Desk and enterprise story ideas
- Assist News Director in critiquing daily broadcasts
- Monitor content being placed on the web and come up with creative ways to engage the audience
- Perform other duties as assigned by managementEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: BA/BS Degree with a minimum of 5 year news producing experience. Top-10 market preferred.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- A passion for training, coaching and motivating a team is critical
- Promote inclusiveness and collaboration
- A Passion for News
- A desire to bring creative ideas and solutions to daily news challenges
- A creative eye for the aesthetic
- Demonstrated knowledge on how to showcase a story
- Strong journalistic skills and the ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions
- Calm under pressure and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Enterprising spirit
- Knowledge of ENPS computer system a plus.
- Must be a multi-task
- Able to expertly and responsibly cover news of the day while guiding producers working around the clock on a 24-hour news operation.To apply and view other opportunities, go to www.rnntv.com and click on the “Career” tab.