Description: Nelson Multimedia, Inc., a well-established and thriving Illinois media company, is hiring a Sales Manager for their community radio station in Plano, IL. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with high energy, great people skills and strong attention to detail to join our team, make an immediate impact, and help shape our future. Relocation assistance is available.
The Sales Manager, reporting to the Corporate General Manager, will be responsible for the achievement of our top-line sales goals, for the Plano radio station, through the daily management of our sales team, building and maintaining their own book of business and working with the rest of our management team to create an outstanding experience for our listeners, advertisers, and community.
The ideal Sales Manager will be a person of high integrity, have a strong background in outbound B2B Sales, be strongly community-oriented and enjoy the process of being highly engaged with the Sales team to assist them in maximizing their potential.
To the qualified candidate we offer:
- Expect to earn $60-65,000 in year 1, with uncapped commission structure
- Medical insurance
- Vacation, sick days & holidays
- Company laptop and phone
- Relocation assistance, if applicableJoin our fast-paced, collaborative team of seasoned professionals and have an opportunity to make an immediate and substantial impact on the continued growth of our Plano, IL station and our influence within the local community. The Sales Manager position also offers a great opportunity for personal and professional growth to the individual who is highly motivated and dedicated.
Primary duties of the Sales Manager:
- Creating and executing a clear Sales plan for our B2B sales team
- Hiring, training and daily management of all Sales and Sales Support team members
- Building and maintaining your own book of business
- Riding along with sales team members on a weekly basis
- Training, mentoring, and coaching sales team members to maximize their potential
- Participating actively in weekly staff meetings, providing management team with details and insights on Sales performance
- Attend business after-hours within the community and other community events as neededRequirements for the Sales Manager:
- 5 years of sales experience with proven track record in B2B sales
- 3 years of management experience
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with customers and team members
- Able to manage in a fast-paced, complex sales environment
- Leads by example
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong with follow-up and follow-through
- High proficiency with MS Excel; up-to-speed on cloud-based technology
- Able to work well with a diversity of personalities and generationsFounded more than 40 years, this family-owned company is growing, with multiple stations and media offerings around the state. We are committed to serving local communities with the highest quality service possible. We are proud of our heritage, but even more excited about the future we are creating together as a strong team.
To apply for the Sales Manager position in Plano IL, complete the confidential online application at http://www.new-hire.com/jobs/availablejobs.asp?job=9581.