Job Summary: Functions as the public face of the business, greeting a wide range of visitors; performs a full range of duties including answering and routing telephone calls, record keeping, administrative and clerical work.
• Routes incoming and outgoing telephone calls at switchboard or multi-line phone.
• Takes and distributes messages as appropriate.
• Greets visitors, issues visitor passes, maintains visitor logs, notifies party of visitor arrival and/or directs visitor to designated area.
• Responds to routine inquiries regarding office location, hours of operation, etc.
• May schedule meeting rooms, prepare basic correspondence, organize and distribute mail, receive and send courier packages, etc.
• Professionalism: makes a good 1st impression; demonstrates respectful, friendly and welcoming behavior; exhibits speech, appearance, body language, mannerisms, and dress appropriate to the environment; maintains professional work surroundings
• Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
• Collaboration with others
• Stress tolerance: composure when faced with difficult/demanding situations and/or personalities
• Ability to multitask, e.g., handle simultaneous incoming calls and visitors
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms
• Demonstrates initiative to find answers to inquiries from guests, staff and self
• Uses professional telephone skills
• Takes responsibility & accountability for assignments or tasks
• Time management: shows attention to detail; meets deadlines; arranges for back-up when not in the office; is punctual