Clear Channel Media + Entertainment Minneapolis/St. Paul seeks a highly motivated and experienced Sales Manager to lead a team of sellers for the top two ratings performers in the market, 101.3 KDWB and K102.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will be required to demonstrate success in developing high performing teams of integrated marketing experts. You must possess the ability to push your team to excel in developing new business.
This is a highly promotional-driven group that needs a creative, pro-active leader. This position is not for a ‘hands-off’/sit behind the desk manager, but for a leader who is out on the street, making calls with our sellers and has a strong track record of recruiting the best sales talent in the industry.
• Recruit, hire, retain and train the best sales talent to work in a fast pace results oriented environment.
• Meet and exceed revenue goals.
• Build goal oriented developmental business plans and budgets, in conjunction with the GSM and VP Sales.
• Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings, and regular performance evaluations with your direct reports that hold them accountable for achieving their revenue goals.
• Work closely with station programming and promotions teams to create sales opportunities that will enable sellers to integrate multiple brand assets into customized client-marketing solutions.
• Identify and develop high-value revenue opportunities with local new direct businesses, (both radio and non-radio advertisers).
• In-the-field training/coaching of sellers that will enable them to leverage station assets, (on-air, online, on-site and mobile), to achieve revenue goals.
• Work closely with GSM and VP Sales to develop and manage an effective key account strategy.
• Monitor and evaluate the market and know all competitive media.
• Work well with all departments in a collaborative environment.