|Category: Media – Journalism – Newspaper|
|Position/Title: Assistant Program Director|
|Details: iHeartMedia Stations
Job Summary: iHeartMedia is looking for its next APD/MD/Afternoon star for the one and only KDWB in Minneapolis.
If you are a cutting edge creative programmer and air talent that can connect with the Twin Cities audience, then we want to hear from you! You must have a GREAT attitude, strong on air skills, be a very organized team player, active with social media platforms, collaborative with sales and ready to engage with our audience on the streets and in the clubs. Minimum 3 years on air experience and gSelector proficiency a must to be considered for this job.
In this position you will shadow and support the Program Director in all aspects of radio station’s on air experience including: talent, content, tone, programming, production, sound & theme, and online presence.
You will be able to attach your resume when you apply to this position, but you will need to email your mp3 audio, evidence of your social media skills (videos, screen shots, etc.), a copy of your music log and any endorsement samples to email@example.com.
• Assists the Director by coordinating with Programming and Sales to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns.
• Monitors programming activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, iHeartMedia policy and applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Informs Program Director of any anomalies or deficiencies that may warrant correction or resolution.
• Coordinates reviews and approvals for commercial and paid programming content.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with producers, artists’ managers, composers and other industry contacts.
• Assists in preparation and management of department’s budget by overseeing expenditures and maintaining invoice records and related documentation.
• Adequately prepares for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
• Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Works an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
• Keeps up-to-date with relevant material appropriate for the station.
• Searches out and shares all possible web content with Program Director and Online Content Director of the given station.
• Participates in regular listening/air check sessions for critique with the Program Director.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events.
• Is an ambassador for radio station when out in public; maintains a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
• May work flexible hours and weekends and be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• May monitor record label calls, schedule music, and check social media to ensure music remains consistent with station’s brand, and may collaborate with production to provide musical direction and options that meet editorial scope.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms
• Knowledge of Diary data analysis, RCS products including GSelector and NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
• Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations; knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations
• Knowledge and appreciation of diverse music genres
• Demonstrated ability to be engaging on the air and to work across various formats; is upbeat, informative and entertaining, and can relate to station’s audience
• High degree of planning and organizing skills; can multi task and meet specific deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
• Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar; can adjust communications style based on audience needs
• Minimum 3 years’ on-air radio experience, promotions and marketing
• Air demo required
• Imaging production experience a plus; samples required
• 4-year college degree in Telecommunications, Marketing or a related field preferred
• Valid driver’s license
Minneapolis, MN: 1600 Utica Avenue South, Suite 500, 55416
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
|Vacancy Type: Full Time|
|Date Posted: 4/27/2016|
|Contact: Please click here to apply for this job.|
Have you noticed? When major companies seek new talent of any kind they come to Urban Insite.