Alpha Media is seeking an experienced cross-platform advertising Director of Business Development to lead a talented team of sellers in our Savannah, GA – Hilton Head, SC markets. This individual will be charged with motivating and leading a team to consistent, sustainable revenue growth for a company committed to return on investment for local advertisers. A deep knowledge of relevant market intelligence and trends, including evolving technologies, consumer behaviors, client expectations, shifting competitive landscape and operational efficiencies is required. The role requires an enthusiastic and hardworking person who exudes passion for Alpha Media’s unique platform and value proposition while providing visible leadership and communication to the market.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Development and management of key relationships with decision makers at current and potential clients to grow revenue across Alpha Media platforms (e.g., broadcast radio, on-line radio, events, etc.).
- Working directly with local CEOs, CMOs, Business Owners, Media Planners and other key decision makers to create marketing strategies.
- Actively participating in business & community associations with the intention of developing extensive relationships with local influencers and decision makers.
- Developing and maintaining the overall revenue growth plan for the market and requisite reporting.
- Leveraging appropriate internal resources to deliver value to customers.
- Proactively identify, develop, coach, and manage sales force and support their selling activity.
- Driving results through sales team and hold them accountable to expectations.
- Thriving in an entrepreneurial environment with the ability to adapt quickly and consistently exceed sales targets.
- Communicating and working with Corporate and Market Management
Requirements of this position may include the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field with a minimum of 5 years of sales and business development experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years sales management experience with the proven ability to grow the business and find new revenue opportunities over time, with at least 1 year as a Director of Sales or Business Development.
- A proven track record of business development and sales success working directly with top-level corporate decision makers with tangible results.
- A proven track record of running a successful sales organization while demonstrating exceptional leadership skills and holding employees accountable to business and sales metrics.
- Ability to train and coach sales team to maximize revenue through effective inventory management and ‘lead from the front’ management techniques
- Extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them.
- Experience making tough business & people decisions, while creating positive energy in the face of challenges and the ability to communicate in a way that focuses, inspires, and engages employees to deliver results
- Stellar written and presentation skills with excellent communication and influencing abilities across multiple levels.
The successful candidate will have the proven ability to prioritize work and manage the stress of a high-pressure work environment and will be expected to comply with all company procedures and internal controls associated with the assigned duties.
Click here to apply! http://www.alphamediausa.com/jobs/view/director-of-business-development/