Clear Channel Media & Entertainment New York City has an immediate opening for a Marketing Director to oversee the clusters six radio station brands which includes Z100, Lite FM, KTU, Power 105.1, Q104.3 & WOR. The Marketing Director will focus on the advertising, planning/organizing/executing of major events and station promotional activity. He/She will also be responsible for the generation of the third party opportunities in order to drive sales and monetization. This is a Department Head position inside one of the largest media companies in the country reporting directly to the VP of Programming
· Handles all station advertising including print, direct marketing, outdoor & TV.
· Planning, organizing and executing major station events including Z100’s Jingle Ball, Broadway in Bryant Park etc.
· Works with Program Directors to create on-air, event and web promotions that create measurable results.
· Generates 3rd party opportunities for the sales departments to tie into.
· Responsible for any printed materials associated with the stations.
· Coordinates sales promotions which include implementing approved ideas as well as creating promotions ideas to maximize revenue.
· Works with the Sales Department to produce sales and marketing materials to be distributed to clients.
· Handles in-house publicity department, as well as external members of the media to insure maximum coverage of all station events
· Prepares, maintains, and implements Marketing/Promotional plans for each station.
· Works on promotional/marketing opportunities for the cluster
· Manage and Direct the Marketing/Promotion Staff
· Works on site events as needed
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalents experience
· 8+ years of relevant professional experience
· Strong leadership skills, the ability to multi-task, detail oriented and excellent communication skills a must
· Proven success across marketing, monetization of promotion opportunities, large scale event management/production
· Excellent communication skills
· Team player with collaboration skills
· Willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done
· Previous management experience
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.